Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Beauty

When I say you are beautiful
I mean that you move me
Like a pebble tumbling through the sea
You capture my attention
Like ivy crawling up a cobblestone cottage
I dream of the intertwining of limbs
When I say you are stunning
I mean like a flash of lightening
Over a valley on a crisp spring evening 
Your edges so fierce and powerful
Set apart from the background of our sheets
When I say you are sweet
I mean like a field of flowers 
On a cool summer day
Your breath breezes my neck 
And I’m lost in your scent 
When I say you are lovely
I mean your eyes are like embers
Glistening and glowing
Sparking and crackling the fire that dances from the way you smile 
When I say you are delightful
I mean I am lost and found at the same time
Like a waterfall your love surges up 
And pours over me like I’m the bank edges below
When I say you are enticing
I mean that all the moments 
That I have experienced that are so pleasant 
Pale in comparison 
I mean that I can’t adequately use my senses
Or any words I know
To explain how you captivate my being
Drawing me in with wonder and joy
You are beautiful, you are sweet
You are stunning, you are lovely
You are enticing, you are delightful

No comments:

Post a Comment